1. Client certifies that they have a “permissible purpose,” as defined by Section 604 of the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 USC 1681b) and the Washington Fair Credit Reporting Act (RCW 19.182.020), for accessing consumer reports in connection with making a rental decision. Furthermore, the client certifies that they are the landlord or agent for the landlord and that they will be making the rental decision for each applicant that is screened. Client certifies that they are the end user of all consumer reports supplied by LandlordSolutions and that no report shall be sold to or shared with any other party.
2. Client certifies that it will request consumer reports ONLY for the permissible purpose certified above and will use the reports obtained for no other purpose.
3. THE FCRA PROVIDES THAT ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY AND WILLFULLY OBTAINS INFORMATION ON A CONSUMER FROM A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY UNDER FALSE PRETENSES SHALL BE FINED UNDER TITLE 18, OR IMPRISONED NOT MORE THAT TWO YEARS, OR BOTH.
4. Client certifies that all rental decisions and tenant placements shall be made using lawful policies and procedures and comply with ALL federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Client understands that LandlordSolutions’ employees are not allowed to render legal advice or opinions regarding information contained in a consumer report.
5. Client agrees to hold all consumer information and tenant screening documentation (including, but not limited to, copies or originals of tenant applications and completed tenant screening reports) in strict confidence and that no consumer information or documentation shall be disclosed or shared with any other party (including, but not limited to, the applicant), unless otherwise required by law (such as the consumer’s credit score being provided in an Adverse Action Notice).
6. Client agrees to implement controls as outlined below in the Access Security Requirements and to take all measures to maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards to insure the security and confidentiality of all personal and consumer information.
7. Client acknowledges that LandlordSolutions does not guarantee or insure the accuracy or the depth of information provided. Client recognizes that both public and non-public information is obtained and managed by fallible sources. Client assumes responsibility for the final verification of the applicant’s identity and agrees to provide LandlordSolutions with a complete and accurate LandlordSolutions, Inc. Tenant Screening Application.
8. Client agrees to follow HUD’s Guidelines for Tenant Screening Policy and Criteria
9. Client agrees not to use a blanket policy when denying an applicant for criminal convictions.
CONSUMER CREDIT REPORTS
The FCRA and the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, along with the three national credit bureaus, have established rules for landlords who wish to receive a copy of their applicant’s full consumer credit report. To comply with these requirements LandlordSolutions is required to obtain supplementary information and perform a physical on-site inspection of the client’s home or commercial office. There is a $110.00 inspection fee for the required physical on-site inspection which will be charged to the client’s credit card on file. Inspection fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice. For more information about the on-site inspection, please review Requirements for Obtaining a full Credit Report.
Credit Summaries are available when clients choose not to receive full credit reports. The Credit Summary will contain a summary of credit and financial information. The summary will include:
1. Income to Rent Ratio
2. Income to Debt Ratio
3. Income to Debt including Rent Ratio
4. Credit Score
5. Number of Delinquent Accounts
6. Number of current Collections and Charge Off Accounts
7. Number of Bankruptcy Records filed within the past ten (10) years.