LANDLORD & OWNER
LANDLORD & OWNER
GET HELP TODAY
LANDLORD & OWNER
LANDLORD & OWNER
GET HELP TODAY
SCHEDULE A CALL
Set Up A New Tenant Screening Account
LANDLORD & OWNER
GET HELP TODAY
Tenant Screenings Made Simple
Take The Guess Work Out Of Your Next Tenant
Take 3-5 minutes to provide us with some basic, yet important information for your account.
Once we have all the info we need, we look into your potential tenant's background for you.
We'll send you a detailed, easy-to-read report with all the info you need to make an educated decision.
Already Have An Account? Skip The Setup!
LANDLORD & OWNER LOGIN
PROPERTY MANAGER LOGIN
We will use this email to send notifications of completed reports and invoices
Please list the best number to reach you at
I am the
Real Estate Agent
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
District of Columbia
Company Name / LLC
If neither, please write your name
AGREEMENT FOR SERVICES
The undersigned client hereby agrees to contract with LandlordSolutions for assistance in tenant screening and agrees to fully accept the following a and conditions:
1. Client agrees to pay the following rates for the following services: Disparate Impact Best Protection Report Package – $49.00 + WA State Sales Tax
-Tenant Credit Summary with score*
-SSN Trace & Address History Search
-WA State Eviction Record Search
-WA State Judgment and Garnishment Record Search
-Rental References† (past 7 years)
-Employment Verification† (current employer)
-Washington State Written Rental Criteria Compliance
-Washington State Adverse Action Compliance
-National & WA State Criminal Records Search**
-National Sex Offender Search
*On-site inspection required to obtain Full Credit Report with trade lines. (Cost $99.00)
**Available upon request after review of completed report without criminal records.
***Additional products available for Licensed Property Management Companies.
All prices are subject to change without notice.
2. Verification Service Standard- No fewer than three (3) attempts over three (3) business days will be made to obtain information. Progress notes available by logging into online account. LandlordSolutions does not make any guarantee or promise to our ability to obtain information. Client will not receive any refund for unverified or incomplete verifications or references. Third party pay-per-use verifications will not be obtained.
3. Rate(s) listed above are for each applicant. Pursuant to RCW 59.18.257, landlords may only charge an applicant for the cost incurred to have them screened. Client agrees to comply with RCW 59.18.257 by notifying the applicant in writing of their rental criteria and what types of information will be accessed in connection to the tenant screening prior to accepting payment of screening fees. Client agrees to comply with RCW 59.18.280 and state in their written or posted criteria whether or not they will accept a comprehensive reusable report and on the home page of the their website. Client agrees to pay the above rates for services as outlined above. Payment is due and owing at the time of ordering. Client authorizes LandlordSolutions to charge the credit card on file for the above service fees. At the sole discretion of LandlordSolutions, if the card cannot be charged at the time of order for any reason, either the service will not be rendered or the charges will be invoiced. If charges are invoiced, a Manual Billing Fee of $5.00 will be added to the total. An administrative fee of $7.00 will be added to each paper application that requires a LandlordSolutions’ staff person to input. Client can avoid the administrative fee by choosing to use an online web-based application or inputting the application themselves. All invoices will be sent via email unless otherwise requested by the client in writing. If the client fails to pay the charges within fifteen (15) days from the “invoice date” a late fee of ten percent (10%) may be charged. A $35.00 Declined Credit Card Fee will be charged if the credit card is declined. A $35.00 NSF Check Fee will be charged on all returned checks plus any late fees and interest. Past due balances shall bear interest at one and one half percent (1.5%) per month until paid. The client agrees to be responsible for all cost of suit, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs should LandlordSolutions be required to file suit on this agreement to collect any fees and costs owed.
4. By signing this agreement Client certifies the following statement: I authorize and request LandlordSolutions, Inc. to charge my credit card or debit card the invoice amount plus any late fees and finance charges should any one or more than one invoices become delinquent. This authorization will remain valid until thirty (30) days after we receive written notice from you terminating our authority to charge your credit or debit card. We may terminate your service at any time in our sole and absolute discretion if any charge to your credit or debit card is declined or reversed, your credit or debit card expires and you have not provided us with a valid replacement credit or debit card, or in case of any other non-payment of account charges. I realize this information will be used solely for the purpose of the consumer withdrawal.
5. Client will review criminal records on a case-by-case basis considering the nature and severity of the criminal conviction and the amount of time that has passed since the criminal activity.
6. For City of Seattle Properties: Under Seattle’s Fair Chance Ordinance, SMC 14.09, landlords are prohibited from requiring, disclosure, asking about, rejecting an applicant or taking an adverse action based on any arrest record, conviction record, or criminal history, except for registry information as described in subsection 14.09.025.A.3, 14.09.025.A.4, and 14.09.025.A.5, and subject to the exclusions and legal requirements in Section 14.09.115.
LandlordSolutions offers a web-based application and applicant tracking system to clients as an alternative to paper applications. A set-up fee may be charged for the web-based application and applicant tracking system. All set-up fees will be charged to the client’s credit card on file. Set-up fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice.The web-based application and applicant tracking system is maintained by a third party vendor, Onboarding Systems, LLC. LandlordSolutions is not responsible for the actions of Onboarding Systems, LLC, its employees, or its agents or for any damages to the client or applicant that may be caused by Onboarding Systems, LLC.
ACCESS SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
The following measures are designed to reduce unauthorized access of consumer report information. Client agrees to implement these controls and take full responsibility for maintaining the controls. If the client does not understand these requirements or needs assistance, it is the client’s responsibility to employ an outside provider to assist them. LandlordSolutions reserves the right to make changes to Access Security Requirements without notification. The information provided herewith provides minimum baselines for information security. In accessing LandlordSolutions’ services, Client agrees to strictly follow these requirements:
1. Protect your username and password. Unauthorized persons should never have knowledge of your password. Do not post the information in any manner within your office or facility. If an authorized user leaves your employ or no longer needs to have access due to a change in duties, the user will be deleted and any shared passwords will be changed so that they are prohibited from accessing the system.
2. Do not discuss your username and password by telephone with any unknown caller, even if the caller claims to be a representative or employee of a Consumer Reporting Agency. Do not discuss your user name and password with coworkers, friends, or family. Do not share your username and password via email. Keep your password confidential.
3. Create strong passwords to protect your online transactions. Here are steps you can take to create a strong password:
-Length: Make your passwords eight (8) or more characters.
-Complexity: Include letters, punctuation, symbols, and numbers. The greater the variety of characters in your password, the better.
-Variation: To keep strong passwords effective, change them often.
-Variety: Don’t use the same password for everything.
4. System access software, whether developed by your company or purchased from a third party vendor, must have your LandlordSolutions username and password “hidden” or embedded and be known only by supervisory personnel. Assign each user of your system access software a unique password.
5. Configure computer workstations to time out after 15 minutes of inactivity with a password protected screensaver. Place all computer workstations used to obtain consumer report information in a secure location within your facility where unauthorized persons cannot access them.
6. After normal business hours, be sure to turn off and lock all devices or systems used to obtain consumer report information. Use physical security controls to prevent unauthorized entry to your office or facility and access to computer systems.
7. Maintain current anti-spyware software on each computer workstation used to access consumer report information and ensure the software is updated on a regular schedule.
8. Secure hard copy files of consumer information and reports to prevent unauthorized access.
9. Shred or destroy all hard copy consumer report information when no longer needed and erase or scramble electronic copies.
10. Do not send sensitive data through email. 11. In the event of a compromised system, notify LandlordSolutions immediately and take necessary steps to ensure no other consumer reports are accessed using the compromised system.
12. Make employees aware that your company can access consumer report information only for permissible purposes. Your employees may not access their own report or the reports of family members or friends without having the same certified “permissible purpose” as agreed to above.
13. Record Retention- The Federal Equal Opportunities Act states that a creditor must preserve all written or recorded information connected with an application for twenty-five (25) months. In keeping with the ECOA, the LandlordSolutions requires that you retain the credit application and, if applicable, a purchase agreement for a period of not less than five (5) years. When conducting an investigation, particularly following a breach or a consumer complaint that your company impermissibly accessed their credit report, the LandlordSolutions will contact you and will request a copy of the original application signed by the consumer or, if applicable, a copy of the sales contract. “Under Section 621 (a)(2)(A) of the FCRA, any person that violates any of the provisions of the FCRA may be liable for a civil penalty of not more than $2,500 per violation.”
14. You shall not resell or share any consumer reports or consumer report information with any third party. Your access may be terminated at any time without notice if found to be in non-compliance with this agreement.
Agreement for Services
I agree to the Agreement for Services
PROVISIONS & CONSUMER TERMS
1. Client certifies that they have a “permissible purpose,” as defined by Section 604 of the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 USC 1681b) and the Washington Fair Credit Reporting Act (RCW 19.182.020), for accessing consumer reports in connection with making a rental decision. Furthermore, the client certifies that they are the landlord or agent for the landlord and that they will be making the rental decision for each applicant that is screened. Client certifies that they are the end user of all consumer reports supplied by LandlordSolutions and that no report shall be sold to or shared with any other party.
2. Client certifies that it will request consumer reports ONLY for the permissible purpose certified above and will use the reports obtained for no other purpose.
3. THE FCRA PROVIDES THAT ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY AND WILLFULLY OBTAINS INFORMATION ON A CONSUMER FROM A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY UNDER FALSE PRETENSES SHALL BE FINED UNDER TITLE 18, OR IMPRISONED NOT MORE THAT TWO YEARS, OR BOTH.
4. Client certifies that all rental decisions and tenant placements shall be made using lawful policies and procedures and comply with ALL federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Client understands that LandlordSolutions’ employees are not allowed to render legal advice or opinions regarding information contained in a consumer report.
5. Client agrees to hold all consumer information and tenant screening documentation (including, but not limited to, copies or originals of tenant applications and completed tenant screening reports) in strict confidence and that no consumer information or documentation shall be disclosed or shared with any other party (including, but not limited to, the applicant), unless otherwise required by law (such as the consumer’s credit score being provided in an Adverse Action Notice).
6. Client agrees to implement controls as outlined below in the Access Security Requirements and to take all measures to maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards to insure the security and confidentiality of all personal and consumer information.
7. Client acknowledges that LandlordSolutions does not guarantee or insure the accuracy or the depth of information provided. Client recognizes that both public and non-public information is obtained and managed by fallible sources. Client assumes responsibility for the final verification of the applicant’s identity and agrees to provide LandlordSolutions with a complete and accurate LandlordSolutions, Inc. Tenant Screening Application.
8. Client agrees to follow
HUD’s Guidelines for Tenant Screening Policy and Criteria
9. Client agrees not to use a blanket policy when denying an applicant for criminal convictions.
CONSUMER CREDIT REPORTS
The FCRA and the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, along with the three national credit bureaus, have established rules for landlords who wish to receive a copy of their applicant’s full consumer credit report. To comply with these requirements LandlordSolutions is required to obtain supplementary information and perform a physical on-site inspection of the client’s home or commercial office. There is a $110.00 inspection fee for the required physical on-site inspection which will be charged to the client’s credit card on file. Inspection fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice. For more information about the on-site inspection, please review Requirements for Obtaining a full Credit Report.
Credit Summaries are available when clients choose not to receive full credit reports. The Credit Summary will contain a summary of credit and financial information. The summary will include:
1. Income to Rent Ratio
2. Income to Debt Ratio
3. Income to Debt including Rent Ratio
4. Credit Score
5. Number of Delinquent Accounts
6. Number of current Collections and Charge Off Accounts
7. Number of Bankruptcy Records filed within the past ten (10) years.
I agree to the Provisions & Consumer Terms
Please write out your full name
I'd like to be emailed important updates concerning:
housing legislation & landlord services
housing legislation only
landlord services only
I don't want to receive any updates
We will not spam you or sell your information. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Would you like information about any of LandlordSolutions other services?
How did you hear about us?
2201 North 30th Street
Tacoma, WA 98403
Landlord & Owner Login
Property Manager Login
LandlordSolutions does not provide legal advice. The information we provide is general information for landlords. If you need legal advice or have questions about the application of the law in a particular matter, you should consult a lawyer.
LandlordSolutions, Inc. © 2020. All Rights Reserved.